Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Meet the Teacher!

Good morning! I'm linking up with Stephanie from Falling Into First for her "Meet the Teacher" linky! I've loved getting to know some of my favorite bloggy friends a little bit more, so here's a little bit about me!

I'm 29 years old and live in Charlotte, NC. I have been married for almost 2 years to my best friend in the whole world, my hubby Jack. He is one of my biggest supporters and pushes me to do my best at all times. I truly believe that he brings out the best in me and everyone he comes in contact with. I've been blessed! We do not have any human children, but we have the sweetest fur baby. His name is Tucker and we adopted him from a rescue a little over a year ago. He loves to cuddle on the couch and I think he believes that he's part human! 

I am starting my 8th year of teaching. During these 8 years, I've been at 3 different schools, the 4th one this year! I've taught 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 2nd grade. This year, I'm teaching 1st grade. I'm nervous about working with such little ones, but I am excited about trying something new! 

Now for a little Q and A!
 THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...
Tervis Tumblers, my new found love for the gym, Diet Coke, Iced Caramel Macchiatos from Starbucks, all things font and clipart related, binge watching TV shows, rainy Sunday afternoons, summer break, Christmas time, new school supplies (especially pens), and of course my Tucker Man

 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
I go back and forth with this one... Realistically, I'd probably be in real estate. I'd also love working for  a nonprofit, especially one that works with kids. 

THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU. 
Motivated, Passionate, Happy 
FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"
"I'd love if you brought your small children to our classroom when you volunteer... said no teacher ever!"
 

Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?
Luke Bryan, both of my grandfathers, Jim Gaffigan... really random list, I know!

Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?
I don't know about this one...

 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
It's probably a machine instead of a superpower... I want something that will help clean the house (especially my closet) without me having to do the work!

Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?
"Find something you're passionate about and stay tremendously interested in it" - Julia Child 

Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 
currently, it would be "Be Okay" by Oh Honey! love that song!

 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?
I'm really good at around 10:00 AM and again around 8:00 PM. I can make morning and night work, but I LOVE my sleep!
Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?
I really like my "Classroom Quotes" pack that I posted last week. Nothing too special, but I love that it is something that can make my classroom a little more cheerful! 

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Subway-Art-Classroom-Quotes-1373675

Q: SHARE SOMETHING THAT WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU
Other than the 4 years I was in college, I have lived within 5 miles of where I grew up. The house where the hubs and I live now is probably 10 minutes from the house where I grew up! I still shop at the same grocery store where I shopped when I was little I guess I'm a creature of habit!

Now it's your turn! Link up with Stephanie to share about yourself and to find out more about your favorite teacher bloggers!
 


5 comments:

  1. I totally relate to your 10AM and 8PM. It hurts me to rise at 5AM, no doubt! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also still live in the same town...we just bought a house 3 miles from my mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote... I'm going to have to add it to my collection!

    And I just added your quote pack to my TpT wish list. :) I have the THINK poster in my room already, but I like the others in the previews so much that I think I'll have to buy the whole pack. :)

    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. My furbaby is adopted, too! Tucker is a cutie! We share a passion for Diet Coke. I think I'd have to add Luke to my invite list...ow, ow!
    Thriving in 3rd
    L. Paull Designs for All

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tucker is the best name for pups! :) We mostly call him Tucker Bear! :) That is so neat you live that close to where you grew up! I'm only about 20 minutes, and I'm so thankful for that!! You will LOVE 1st grade! Plus being in the upper grades will make you have even higher expectations which these babies need! :)

    ReplyDelete